TwinTurbo.NET: Nissan 300ZX forum - Don't use that FAQ is glosses over too many things.
People Seeking Info

Subject Don't use that FAQ is glosses over too many things.

Posted by Bernie (NoVA) on March 21, 2016 at 9:06 AM
  This message has been viewed 245 times.

In Reply To Updating seatbelt location help. posted by EZdusit (cali) on March 20, 2016 at 07:33 PM

Message The upper mounting point in 94+ cars is reinforced with multiple layers of sheet metal sandwiched together.

If you intend to install 94+ seat belts into your chassis you need to take into account what type of hardware you are using (must be correct for this application) and how you will reinforce the upper B pillar mount as it's not threaded or reinforced in US spec 90-93 cars. Additionally the pocket in the body that the retractor assembly fits into should be reinforced as well. I have disassembled more of these cars than I can count and I have cut apart a 1996 in layers to understand the substructure of the 90-93 door B pillar vs the 94+ body B pillar mounting. There is much more to it then adding some washers & bolts as the write up would have you believe. Crash-worthiness is an important safety issue and making changes to the seat belt system isn't nearly as simple as it's made out.

Bernie Bilski
berniebilski@cox.net
President of Z-Car Club of Northern Virginia

1995 Nissan 300ZX TwinTurbo in Cobalt Green
1997 Nissan 240SX SE in Ultra Red
2006 Nissan Frontier SE in Ultra Black

Follow Ups  

Post a
Followup

You cannot reply to this message because you are not logged in.